Note: The specifications or the maintenance method varies depending on the model. For details, refer to your model's Help Guide.
- Clean the Walkman with a soft cloth, such as a cleaning cloth for eyeglasses. When cleaning the touch screen, be careful not to rub too hard as doing so may damage the screen.
- If the Walkman has become dirty, use a cloth slightly moistened with a mild detergent solution. Be careful not to get water inside the player.
- Do not use solvents such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol, as they may damage the surface.
- Clean the headphone plug occasionally with a soft dry cloth. Noise or sound skipping may occur if the plug is dirty.
- For NW-WM1ZM and NW-WM1ZM2 only: Because these models contain parts that are gold plated, and gold plated parts are more sensitive, wipe gently without rubbing too hard when you clean. We recommend working on a tabletop covered with a soft cloth to prevent scratches.
- For models with earbuds: Remove the earbuds and wash them by hand using a mild detergent solution. After washing, dry them well.