How do I completely shut down or turn off my computer in Windows 8.
In Windows 8, there is no need to turn off your computer completely.
If you are not going to use your computer for a long time, follow the steps below to turn off your computer completely:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click General.
- In the General screen, under Advanced startup, click the Restart now button.
- In the Choose an option screen, click Turn off your PC.