Error: C:13:xx appears on the LCD or viewfinder.
The error code C:13:xx is an indication that the recording media (floppy disk or Memory Stick® media) you are using is not supported for use with the camera or not formatted properly, or is damaged or faulty.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Turn off the camera and turn it back on again.
- Remove the recording media from the camera.
- Inspect the recording media for any physical damage, dust, or other foreign material that may interfere with operation.
- If any physical damage is found, the recording media should be discarded.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the recording media. If using Memory Stick media, you can use a pencil eraser to clean the metal contacts.
- Test the card using another device to make sure that the card is working properly.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. The following step requires formatting the media in the camera. All the recorded pictures, movies, and other data will be erased.
- Format the internal memory or the memory card with the camera.
NOTE: The recording media may not be recognized properly in the camera if it is formatted with a computer. Only use the camera to format the recording media.
- Try to use a different memory card to check if the issue is not caused by a corrupt file in the memory card.
NOTE: The transfer rate or storage capacity of the memory card may not be supported.
The xx in the error code represents any random numerical digits and does not contribute to the overall diagnosis of the issue.
If the above steps does not help to resolve the symptom, the product may require service.