IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Before you start
- Depending on the computer, USB charging may not be possible during sleep mode. Make sure to turn off your computer's sleep mode first.
- Using a USB hub isn't guaranteed to work. Connect the cable directly to the computer USB port.
- Use the USB cable supplied with your camera.
- If you are using a Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 or Windows® 10 computer, installing additional drivers may be required before you can charge a device.
Check the connection
- Turn on your computer.
- If you're using a notebook computer, plug it into a power outlet using the AC adapter.
- Turn off the camera and then connect the USB cable to the USB terminal.
- The camera won't charge if it's turned on.
- If your camera turns off automatically, wait for ten seconds before plugging it into the USB port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a USB port on the computer
- Make sure the charging lamp lights up.
- If the charging lamp turns off right after charging starts, the battery may already be full. Check the battery level of your camera.
- If the camera doesn't charge, try using a different USB port or another computer.