- See the website of each computer manufacturer to check whether your computer is a compatible model for Windows 10 upgrading and support. When you upgrade a non-compatible model for Windows 10 upgrading, the computer may not work normally. So it is recommended to use a computer equipped with the same OS as the one you are using.
- If the USB device is not recognized or you want to revert to the previous OS after upgrading the computer to Windows 10, check the support site of each computer manufacturer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Ensure the recording media with the pictures or movies is inserted in the camera.
Note: If trying to copy files from a camera with internal memory you must remove the memory card from the camera. The computer cannot read the internal memory of a camera while a memory card is inserted.
Connect the supplied USB cable to the camera and the USB input jack on the computer.
Connection through a USB hub or other USB device such as a printer or keyboard is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
Turn on the camera
The computer automatically detects the USB connection from the camera and installs the appropriate driver from the Windows 10 operating system.
An AutoPlay window should appear on the computer screen.
Transfer the pictures or videos to the computer using one of the following methods:
Use the Import pictures and videos option.
- After connecting the camera, a notification box will appear. Select the notification box and then select Import Pictures and Videos using Windows.
- In the Import Pictures and Videos window that appears, click Import Settings.
- In the Import Settings window, follow the instructions to import your photos and movies.
Copy and Paste the video files from the Removable Disk window that represents the camera.
- From the desktop screen, click on the Folder icon located on the task bar and then click the Computer icon on the left side.
- In the Computer window, click the icon that represents the camera.
- Click the folder with the movies or photos in it and drag and drop it on the desktop screen of the computer.
Note: All the contents of the folder will be copied to the hard drive of the computer.
- Use the PlayMemories Home software.
Note: Visit the PlayMemories Home support page for more information on how to import pictures and videos.
If you cannot import images to your computer, refer to the following FAQ.
The computer does not recognize the USB connection from a Sony digital camera.
The computer does not recognize the USB connection from a Sony camcorder.
If you cannot import images from your camera or memory card using PlayMemories Home, refer to the Website below.