Questions & Answers: 258
- Can I update the camera using macOS Big Sur (11.0) and Apple Silicon?We have found that you cannot update your camera using the macOS Big Sur (11.0) and Apple Silicon. We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. We will let you know once a solution is available.
- How to select the image size when using Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) appIMPORTANT: The Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play store or Apple store on your smartphone to download and install the app. The steps
- Where can I download the Imaging Edge Mobile app?You can download the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app for free from the Google Play store on Android devices or from the App Store on Apple iOS devices. NOTE: Not all cameras have Wi-Fi capability
- How to use a Sony camera as webcam with the Imaging Edge Webcam softwareThe Imaging Edge Webcam software is an application that makes it possible to use a Sony camera as a high-quality webcam. Benefits of using the Imaging Edge Webcam software: A Sony camera can be used as a high-definition
- Can the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app control multiple cameras at the same time?The Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app is designed to work with only one camera at a time. Using it with more than one camera at the same time is not supported. NOTE: Not all cameras have Wi-Fi
- How to transfer pictures and videos to a smartphone using the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) appTransferring images requires a stable high-speed Network connection. In order to reduce transferring issues, make sure of the following: The camera and smartphone have a strong connection to the Internet Network
- I cannot transfer videos to my smartphone through the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app.If you are unable to transfer videos to your smartphone using the Send to Smartphone function of the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app, check the file format of the video you are attempting
- Movies recorded with the camera include camera operating sounds and noise that I did not hear during recording.Due to the lens and camera structure, some internal operating sounds may be recorded in movies. The sounds are inaudible in most recording environments but are easier to hear where it is very quiet. Check the following
- Can I control the camera from a computer connected through a USB cable?You can control the camera from a computer when connected with a USB cable. This is known as tethered shooting. You need to install the Imaging Edge application on your computer to use it for tethered shooting.
How to's (Set Language, Add Date)
Photo & Video Transfer
Battery Frequently Asked Questions
- Notice to customers using PlayMemories Home, Action Cam Movie Creator, MVR Studio and Sony Raw Driver
- Termination of Map View in PlayMemories Home (Windows version) and the map display function in GPS Image Tracker
- Warning regarding use of unauthorised software for Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera and Digital Still Camera