Driver Update for USB Charging with a Windows 8.1 PC.
Windows 8.1 was released on October 18, 2013 from Microsoft Corporation. It was recently discovered that some products may not charge properly when attached to a USB port of a computer running the Windows 8.1 operating system.
A driver update has been released to fix this issue. Please follow the steps below to install the driver update.
Before the Update
- Connect your PC to the Internet.
- Connect your device, which supports USB charging, to a USB port on your PC.
Install the Update
- Open the charms and select the Settings charm.
- Select Change PC settings in the lower right corner.
- Select Update and recovery in the left pane of the PC settings screen.
- Select Check now under Windows Update.
- Select View details.
- Select Sony - Other hardware - Sony Device check box and click Install.
After installation is complete, the driver software is updated and USB charging will be available. For information on how to charge your device via USB, refer to your device manual.