IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Depending on the shooting conditions, the camera may not be able to focus on the eyes. In such cases, focus on a different part of the face.
The Eye AF function will not work in the following situations:
- When the Focus Mode is set to Continuous AF or Manual Focus.
- When the person is wearing sunglasses.
- When the hair covers the eyes.
- When the eyes are closed.
- When the person is in the shade.
- When the person is out of focus.
- In low-light or back-lit conditions.
- When the camera cannot detect the face of a person.
NOTE: When using A-mount cameras, make sure that the center of the eyes of the person is in the focus area and press the key to which you have assigned the Eye AF function.
For how to use Eye AF on your Sony Camera, refer to these video tutorials