IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to use a Sony tape camcorder as a webcam using USB Streaming.
- Not all Sony tape camcorders are equipped with a USB Streaming port. For compatibility information, or if you require further assistance with any of the steps below, consult the instruction manual of your camcorder.
- The USB Streaming driver is not compatible with the Apple Mac OS operating system.
- The computer should have a factory installed USB port and compatible webcam software, such as Microsoft NetMeeting.
- Install the USB Streaming driver on the computer from the CD provided with the camcorder.
- Restart the computer.
- Plug the AC power adapter for the camcorder into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the camcorder and computer.
- Turn on the camcorder by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.
- In the camcorder menu, set the USB STREAMING option to ON.
- On the computer, start the webcam software.