IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to copy photos from a camera to a macOS computer.
Connect the camera directly to the USB port on the computer.
Turn on the camera.
NOTE: If the iPhoto software automatically starts, close it.
Copy the photos from the camera.
- Open Finder.
- Select Go.
- Select Computer.
- Select the NO NAME or UNTITLED icon.
- Select the photos you want to copy.
Click on the DCIM folder.
Click the 100MSDCF folder.
Press and hold the SHIFT key.
While holding the SHIFT key, click to select the photos you want to transfer.
- After selecting the photos, release the SHIFT key.
- Press Command+C to copy the files.
Paste the picture files to the computer.
- On the Finder Bar, choose Go, All my files and then select Pictures.
- Press Command+V to past the file into the Pictures folder.