Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Make sure the digital camcorder is set up to output a signal through the i.LINK (aka Apple FireWire port) prior to being connected to the computer.
NOTE: Not all camcorders need set up to output through the i.LINK connection. Consult the instruction manual of your camcorder for specific information.
- Make sure the i.LINK ports on the computer and camcorder are not dusty or dirty.
- Make sure the i.LINK cable is connected securely to the i.LINK ports on the camcorder and computer.
IMPORTANT: Some newer Macintosh computers have a FireWire 800 jack that has 9 pins and customer has a 600-to-400 FireWire cord available. In this case, it may be necessary to use an 800-to-400 FireWire cable or adapter to connect to the computer. Check the Apple Store if necessary.
- Make sure the camcorder is turned on and being powered by the supplied AC power adapter.
NOTE: The i.LINK function of the camcorder cannot be used simultaneously with the Handycam Station that is supplied with select camcorders. In this case, remove the Handycam Station and connect the AC power adaptor and i.LINK cable to the camcorder directly.
- Make sure the video capture card and software are configured properly to receive the i.LINK signal from the camcorder.
- Depending on the video capture card and software you are using, you may need to manually configure the capture card and software to receive a signal from the i.LINK port. If applicable, check the Help files of the software or contact the video capture card or software manufacturer for further information.
- Sony digital camcorders are not provided with and do not require special device drivers for i.LINK connectivity. The device drivers that allow i.LINK connectivity should be provided with the video capture software. If the software you are using does not appear to have the required drivers, you will need to contact the software manufacturer.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try closing and reopening the video capture software.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try restarting the computer with the camcorder connected and powered on.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try using a different i.LINK cable or connecting to another i.LINK port or different computer.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.