IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to use a Sony tape camcorder as a webcam using USB Streaming.
- Not all Sony tape camcorders are equipped with a USB Streaming port. For compatibility information, or if you require further assistance with any of the steps below, consult the instruction manual of your camcorder. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The USB Streaming driver is not compatible with the Apple Mac OS operating system.
- The computer should have a factory installed USB port and compatible webcam software, such as Microsoft NetMeeting.
- Install the USB Streaming driver on the computer from the CD provided with the camcorder.
- Restart the computer.
- Plug the AC power adapter for the camcorder into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the camcorder and computer.
- Turn on the camcorder by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.
- In the camcorder menu, set the USB STREAMING option to ON.
- On the computer, start the webcam software.