Through USB connection, you can use the TV to navigate to your camera storage folder through the TV menu, and then playback still images or videos on the TV.
- USB viewer supports FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT file systems.
- When connecting a Sony Digital Still Camera to the TV with a USB cable, USB connection settings on your camera need to be set to Auto or Mass Storage mode.
- Avoid losing your files by backing up all your media files stored onto a USB device. Sony will not take any responsibility for lost or damaged data stored on a USB device.
- Depending on the file, playback may not be possible even for the supported formats.
Making a Connection and Playback
Connect the camera/camcorder to the TV USB port to enjoy photo, music and video files stored in the device.
- Turn on the connected USB device.
Press the HOME button on your TV remote to display the menu, then select Media at the bottom of the screen.
Select Photos, Music or Videos on this menu.
Using the (Up) / (Down) buttons, look for the name of the connected device. Press the (Enter) button to view the content.
If you select a folder, select the file using the (Up) / (Down) buttons, then press the (Enter) button. Playback starts.
- To return to the last viewed source, press the HOME button twice.
To automatically display thumbnail view or a slideshow
You can set to automatically display thumbnail view or a slideshow when a USB device containing photo files is connected.
You can also set to not automatically display a slideshow or thumbnail view.
Press the HOME button, then select Settings → System Settings → General Set-up → USB Auto Start → Browse Photos, Start Slideshow or Off.
- Photo files must be stored in a folder under the DCIM folder for automatic playback. Also, the folder name under the DCIM folder is required to be a combination of 3 numerals and 5 letters (can include “_”), for example, 101MSDCF.
Video files from Sony camera/camcorder are located in the following folder structure (hierarchal position):
- Scrolling a panoramic photo is available only when Slideshow Effect is set to Simple/Dissolve. To confirm the setting, press the OPTIONS button, then select Playback Options → Slideshow Effect.
Only the panoramic JPEG files in the following horizontal/vertical
sizes can be scrolled. (If the JPEG file is edited on a PC, etc.,
scroll may not be possible.)
- For horizontal scroll: 4912/1080, 7152/1080, 3424/1920, 4912/1920, 12416/1856, 8192/1856, 5536/2160, 3872/2160, 10480/4096, 11520/1080
- For vertical scroll: 1080/4912, 1080/7152, 1920/3424, 1920/4912, 1856/12416, 1856/8192, 2160/5536, 2160/3872, 4096/10480, 1080/11520
Displaying a 3D Sweep Panorama photo is available only when Slideshow Effect is set to Simple. (This feature is available on 3D-compatible models only.)
To confirm the setting, press the OPTIONS button, then select Playback Options → Slideshow Effect.