IMPORTANT: Apple devices, Google TV™ models, or 2020 and later Android TV™ models do not support Screen mirroring function. You can find some alternative methods in the Alternative methods section.
- What is the Screen mirroring function
- Compatible devices and alternative methods
- How to use the function
The Screen mirroring function is one of the methods to display the screen of a mobile device on the TV to view photos, videos or websites. The function uses Miracast technology to display the screen of a compatible device on the TV without a wireless router.
Note: The video quality may be degraded if there is environmental interference present.
- Some Bravia TVs released in between 2013 to 2020 (Google TVs, and Andnroid TVs after 2020 do not support the function.)
Note: For details, check the Applicable Products and Categories of This Article section, or Help Guide of your TV.
- Miracast compatible devices such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer
- For Apple devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod/MacBook): As of 2021, these devices do not support the Screen mirroring function. To find the alternative methods, see the Alternative methods section.
- For details on the specification of your device, refer to the manual or contact the support of the device.
If the TV or device don't support the Screen mirroring function, you may find an alternative method to display the content in one of the following articles:
- For mobile devices: Mirror, cast, or display the content or screen of a mobile device on the TV screen
- For computers: How to wirelessly display computer content on the Bravia TV screen
To register your device to the TV
- On the TV remote control, press the INPUT button, select Screen mirroring, then press the Enter button. The TV will go into standby and wait for a connection from a mobile device.
Note: When the Screen mirroring standby screen displayed, the wireless connection between the TV and your wireless router (access point) is disconnected.
Show examples of the standby screen
- Connect your Screen mirroring compatible mobile device to the TV. Configure your mobile device to connect to the TV.
The instructions below use Xperia (Android™ OS 4.4 or later) as an example.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Device connection or Xperia Connectivity.
- Select Screen mirroring.
- On the Screen mirroring screen, tap Start.
- Select OK.
- Tap the name of your TV.
- Connectivity with all Miracast compatible devices is not guaranteed.
- The 5GHz band may not be supported depending on your TV model.
- The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
You can check the detailed instructions in the following movie
To list connected devices/deregister devices
For Android TVs
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Select Show device list/Delete.
For other TVs
When the Screen mirroring standby screen is displayed, press the OPTIONS button, then select Show Device List / Delete.
- To deregister a device, select the device in the list to delete, then press the Enter button. Then, select Yes in the confirmation display.
- To deregister all devices, press the OPTIONS button in the list, select Delete All, then Yes in the confirmation display.
- Icons on the left of the list show the following.
- (check icon): Connected devices
- (display icon): Screen mirroring compatible devices
- For more details, refer to the manual of the product.
If the screen mirroring function doesn't work, refer to the article The Wi-Fi Direct or Screen Mirroring function doesn't work.