Before you start
- To connect Bluetooth headphones to laptop / desktop computer, ensure laptop / desktop has a Bluetooth hardware module. Some laptop / desktop might not come with this hardware. Check the manual of your laptop / desktop on the availability of the Bluetooth module.
- If your laptop / desktop does not come with a Bluetooth module, an external Bluetooth module adapter can be purchased to help you enable Bluetooth function on your laptop / desktop.
- Make sure your computer supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Bluetooth profile.
- The drivers needed to connect your device to a computer are already included in the operating system.
- Place your device within one meter of the computer / device.
- Ensure your Bluetooth headphones is not connected to a previously paired device. The headphones can automatically connect with a previously paired device if Bluetooth is enabled and both devices are placed near each other. In this case, deactivate the Bluetooth function on the previously paired device or turn off the power to disconnect first.
- Using your Bluetooth audio device for music playback or calls via USB is not possible.
- Update your Bluetooth audio device to the latest firmware. If you're looking for the firmware of your bluetooth audio device, please go to the Firmware & Software section of your model support page. If there is no firmware update under the Firmware & Software section, it just means that Sony is currently not offering a newer firmware.
Example for WF-1000XM3
To connect your Bluetooth device to your computer, check out the following video from the Sony Bluetooth Series to learn how to connect your Bluetooth audio device to a Windows or Mac computer.
Follow the 2 steps to pair with the headphones:
- Step 1
- Enter the headphones into pairing mode
- Step 2
- Operate a device and complete the pairing
Step 1. Enter the headphones into pairing modeWF-1000XM5 WF-1000XM4 WF-1000XM3
Step 2. Operate a device and complete the pairing
Select your source device from the following list to confirm the pairing procedure:
- Android device (smartphone, tablet)
- iOS device (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch)
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- Windows 7
- Sony Sound Bar (HT-A9, HT-A7000, or HT-A5000)
- Sony Google / Android TVs (Step 2: Pair the headphones with the TV section)
Note: Not all Sony Android TVs can be used with Bluetooth headphones or speakers. Verify your TV supports Bluetooth using the article Can I use Bluetooth headphones, speakers, and soundbars with my Android TV or Google TV?
Additional troubleshooting tips for Bluetooth connection to Windows laptop / computer
If the issue is not resolved
If the issue is still not resolved, refer to the article Troubleshooting Bluetooth pairing issues.