IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Using your bluetooth audio device for music playback or calls via USB is not possible.
- If you're looking for the firmware of your bluetooth audio device, please go to the Downloads section of your model support page. If there is no firmware update under the Downloads section, it just means that Sony is currently not offering a newer firmware.
Example for WF-1000XM3
Check out the following video from the Sony Bluetooth Series to learn how to connect your Bluetooth audio device to a Windows or Mac computer.
For more detailed information, follow the four steps below.
Step 1: Make sure your laptop / desktop computer has a Bluetooth module
The first important step is to make sure the laptop / desktop has a Bluetooth module. Some laptop / desktop might not come with this hardware. Check the manual of your laptop / desktop on the availability of the Bluetooth module.
If your laptop / desktop does not come with a Bluetooth module, an external Bluetooth module adapter can be purchased to help you enable Bluetooth function on your laptop / desktop.
Step 2: Put the device you want to connect to your computer into pairing mode
- If your computer is asking for a Bluetooth driver, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're using a VAIO computer, Bluetooth drivers are available online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
By entering pairing mode, you make the device you want to connect to your laptop or desktop computer discoverable.
The steps to enter pairing mode may vary depending on the device you want to connect (headphones, speakers, smartphone, etc.).
- Example: The WH-1000XM4 Wireless Headphones immediately goes into pairing mode when used for the first time.
- However, the second time you pair it, you will have to press and hold the pairing mode button for 7 seconds.