How do I change the writing language when entering text? (Android 9.0 and later)
- How do I change the writing language when entering text?
- Android 9.0 Pie and later
You can write text, for example, text messages or email, using more than one language, for example, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi or Tamil. To be able to do this, you first have to add the languages. Once you have added the languages, you can change between them when using the keyboard.
To add a writing language for text input
- Find and tap Settings > System > Languages & input > On-screen keyboard > Gboard > Languages > All languages.
- Find and tap the language you wish to add.
- Swipe right or left to find, and then tap, the keyboard layout you wish to use for the new language.
To change the language when entering text
- Open the on-screen keyboard to start entering text.
- Tap and hold the space bar to change the input language.