- Can I uninstall pre-installed applications?
- How do I disable pre-installed apps?
- Android 9.0
You can't uninstall the majority of pre-installed apps in your device. Most of these apps are either developed by Sony or Google. For example, the Music, Album and Camera apps are from Sony while Google Maps, Gmail, Chrome, Google Play Music and YouTube are examples of Google apps. Facebook is another app that is pre-installed in many Xperia devices.
While you can't uninstall these apps, you can, however, disable them in certain cases. Here are more details:
- Disabled apps become inactive and are removed from the Application screen. You can re-enable a disabled app whenever you want.
- Some third-party apps can be uninstalled, even if they were pre-installed.
Disabling pre-installed applications
To disable a pre-installed application
- Touch and hold the application icon you want to disable.
- Tap Disable.
- If Disable is not shown, tap the info icon for more options.
To delete an installed application
- Touch and hold the application you want to uninstall.
- Tap Uninstall.
- If Uninstall is not shown, tap the info icon for more options.
Enabling disabled applications
To enable a disabled application
- Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps.
- Tap All apps > Disabled apps.
- Find and tap the app that you want to enable.
- Tap ENABLE.