Information / Solution
VoLTE is the abbreviation of "Voice over LTE", and offers the possibility to make voice calls via the data communication of the LTE/4G mobile network.
In order to be able to make calls via the LTE/4G network, some conditions must be fulfilled:
Note! Contact your network operator to verify what is valid for your Xperia device model.
- you have to use a VoLTE-supported phone.
- your operator and subscription (incl. SIM card) must support VoLTE for the device model you're using.
- depending on operator, your phone must sometimes be operator-branded and/or use operator-customised system software.
- your phone must be in range of an LTE/4G network.
What are the benefits of VoLTE?
- Better voice quality
- Faster call setup
- The phone remains in the LTE/4G network during voice calls
- You can use LTE/4G data services, such as web surfing and tethering, and simultaneously make and receive calls.