An update to the Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) software previously released for Xperia™ M4 Aqua and Xperia™ M4 Aqua Dual is now available. You can install this new update wirelessly. Note that the new update will not become available until you have updated your device from Android 5.0 to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) using Xperia Companion and a computer as described here.
Software build number
- Xperia™ M4 Aqua: 26.3.A.1.33
- Xperia™ M4 Aqua Dual: 26.3.B.1.33
This system software update features:
- All of the latest performance updates.
- Improved Bluetooth® quality when using a car kit.
- Improved audio quality.
Updating your device
Tip: To check your device's current software version, find and tap Settings > About phone > Build number.
When a software update is available, appears in the status bar.
To download and install a system update from the Notification panel
- If you are using a device with multiple users, make sure you are logged in as the owner.
- Drag the status bar downwards to open the Notification panel.
- Scroll down and select the desired system update, then tap Download.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again if it is closed, then tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
- The new update will not become available until you have updated your device to Android™ 6.0 (Marshmallow) as described here.
- If no new software is available, it’s possible that you may not have enough free memory on your device. If your Xperia™ device has less than 500 MB of free internal memory (device memory) available, you do not receive any information about new software. The following notification appears in the Notification panel to warn of the lack of storage space: Storage space running out. Some system functions may not work. If you receive this notification, you must free up internal memory (device memory) before you can get notifications about new software being available.
- Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.