If you update your Xperia™ device to Android™ 5.0 (Lollipop), the icon for silent mode is no longer available in the Quick settings panel. There is, however, a way to quickly set the device to silent mode. Just press and hold down the lower end of the Volume key until the vibration mode is set, and then press once more.
You can choose whether you want any alarms to sound in silent mode, in the sound dialogue that opens when you activate silent mode.
To activate silent mode
- Press and hold down the lower end of the Volume key until the vibration mode is set.
- Press the Volume key down once more.
- Select a time interval in the sound dialogue that opens. The following choices are available:
- Indefinitely: Keep the device silent until you manually turn the sound back on.
- For one hour: Keep the device silent for one hour. You can tap the minus and plus icons to adjust the duration.