What to do if nothing seems to have changed or the C: drive capacity did not expand after rebuilding the RAID array using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software?
After rebuilding the RAID array using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, nothing seems to have changed or the C: drive capacity did not expand.
IMPORTANT: Sony cannot support and does not recommend the use of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software. This procedure is being provided to Sony customers as a convenience only and should not be considered as an endorsement of that software or its use on Sony computers.
If the RAID array has been configured using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, the issue described may occur and require that you partition the unallocated space using Windows Disk Management:
- Click the Start button and in the Search programs and files field, type computer, and then click Computer Management.
- In the Computer Management window, in the left side panel, under Storage, click Disk Management.
- In the center pane, right-click the C: drive, and click Extend Volume.
- Click Next.
- Select the amount of space in MB, and then click Next.
- Confirm the setting changes.
NOTE: Click Back if you want or need to edit the configuration.
- Once all desired changes have been made, click Finish.
- In the Computer Management window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.
The C: drive should now be expanded to the capacity specified.