Please check the followings:
- The connecting cable is damaged.
- The input source setting on the amplifier or the connection to the amplifier is incorrect.
- The recorder/ player is in reverse play, fastforward, slow motion, or pause mode.
- If the audio signal does not come through the DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL) jack, check the Audio Connection settings in the Audio setup.
- Ensure that the disc is inserted into the DVD player correctly.
- Ensure that the audio cables of the DVD player are connected properly to the television or stereo receiver.
- Ensure that the television or stereo receiver is set to the correct input for the DVD player and that it is not set to MUTE or SPEAKER OFF.
- Attempt to play a different disc on the DVD player.