What is JEITA A measuring standard?
JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.
Right-click on the Desktop - Personalize -Screen saver - None
2. Set VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper as Desktop background
Right-click on the desktop - Personalize -Desktop Background and then select VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper (1366*768)
3. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar - Right-click - Open volume Mixer - Mute
4. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar - Right-click - Show main dialog - Uncheck Enable Wireless LAN - Click apply
5. Hide floating windows of VAIO Smart Network
Right-click VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
6. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Start Control Panel - Windows update - Automatic updating off
7. Close Windows Sidebar
Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
8. Start the system in the STAMINA mode
9. Close the Welcome Center
10. Close the Prepare your VAIO
11. Do NOT run the initial settings of McAfee Security Center
1. Select VAIO Maximum Battery
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
2. - Go to Change advanced power settings - Advanced settings tab
Sleep After - Never
Hibernate After - Never
Tun off display After - Never
Low battery notificdation - Neve
3. - Go to Change advanced power settings - VAIO Power Management tab
a. Color quality - Medium (16 bit)
b. Memory Card Slot - Disable
c. Refresh Rate - 40Hz
Adjust the brightness of the LCD
Go to Control Panel-Power Option-Advanced Settings, and then set brightness to 28%
Please refer to the steps below.
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Playback the video clip stored on the Hard Disk Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the testing media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the Hard Disk Drive .
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the VAIO notebook automatically shutdown.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.