Reinstalling HotKey Utility, when the hotkeys cannot work or when the macro keys, such as Fn+F5, Fn+F6 cannot work
When Hotkey Utility cannot work properly, please first uninstall Hotkey Utility, and then reinstall it.
The technical support service that VAIO call center provides is based on the hard disk status under the default value or the status after system restore.
After having bought the computers, users may change disk partition, delete some software or use part of the software. It may cause the system instability. Thus SONY may not be able to provide the detailed solutions.
|How to uninstall HotKey Utility?
|How to reinstall HotKey Utility?
Please first uninstall HotKey Utility, and then reinstall it.
The operating steps depend on whether the models of the VAIO notebook are supplied with System recovery disc attached or not.
|Models not supplied with system recovery disc
Before users installing HotKey Utility, please create a support folder in Disk C.
Please refer to the following related link to create support folders.
- Please refer to the following steps to open the folder.
Right-click Local Disk (C：)-VAIO-Applications-HotKey Utility.
- Double-click Setup.exe in the HotKey Utility folder.
- Follow the instructions displayed to install HotKey Utility.
- After HotKey Utility has been installed，please install the latest updating program.
|Models supplied with system recovery disc
The operating steps vary for the different versions of the supplied System recovery disc.
4. Click the Applications folder to open the HotKey Utility folder.
5. Run the Setup.exe file.
6. After the Applications is completed, please install the latest updating program.