Performing initial setup of the camera
After purchasing the camera, you can perform initial setup of the camera, such as date and time setting, from your smartphone.
Here, we explain the process from first turning on the camera after purchasing it. If you perform setup later, view the respective relevant items.
- : smartphone operation
- : camera operation
Turn on the camera.
Follow the directions on the screen and select [Connect a smartphone.].
- If you choose [Do not connect], refer to "When performing pairing later" at a later date to connect.
Follow the instructions on the screen to set [Bluetooth Settings] to [On].
- If [On] is already selected, this screen will not be displayed.
When a QR code is displayed on the camera, scan it using the smartphone.
- When you cannot connect by the QR code, open the following website from a browser or enter this URL. www.sony.net/ca/
Follow the instructions on the screen to install Imaging Edge Mobile Plus.
Launch Imaging Edge Mobile Plus, and select [Start] from the [Connect camera] screen.
- If you select [Using without connecting to the camera], refer to "When performing pairing later" at a later date to connect.
Select [Next] and proceed in accordance with the directions on the screen.
- Pairing is performed using the Bluetooth function. Enable Bluetooth Settings on your smartphone.
When the name of the camera is displayed, select [Pairing] and follow the instructions on the screen to perform pairing.
On the camera, when [Allow pairing with the device?] is displayed, select [OK].
- The camera is connected to the Imaging Edge Mobile Plus.
- On the smartphone side as well, a message requesting permission for the pairing may be displayed.
- On the smartphone, when the [Now connected with the camera] message is displayed, the connection is complete.
Check the date and time, etc., on the [Camera setup] screen, and if there is no problem, select [Set up].
- The date and time information on the smartphone is transferred to the camera.
- If you choose [Set up later], perform setup of the relevant items from the camera menu at a later date.
On the [Membership registration] screen, register your Imaging Edge membership.
- Once you register, your My Page (your personal page) is created on the Imaging Edge website and you will receive the latest information about your camera.
- If you select [Register later], register from the [Account] on the Imaging Edge website at a later date.
Imaging Edge website imagingedge.sony.net/
Camera connection icon
If you perform pairing of the camera and Imaging Edge Mobile Plus with the Bluetooth function, later you can simply launch the Imaging Edge Mobile Plus to connect the camera and the smartphone by Wi-Fi connection using Bluetooth. You can confirm the connection status from the camera monitor in the following way.
- Bluetooth connected
- Bluetooth not connected
- Wi-Fi connected
- Wi-Fi not connected