If you forget your screen lock PIN, password or pattern, you can reset your device using either the Find my device app from Google or the Xperia Companion computer application. Read about the requirements and results of each option below, and choose the method that suits you best.
- Reset your device with Find my device.
- Requirements: This reset method requires that your device is turned on, has internet access and that Find my device is turned on in your device. A Google account has to be registered on your device and you need to know the account username and password. You also need access to a computer or a mobile device with an internet connection.
- Results: All user data on the internal memory of your device will be deleted, including downloaded apps, photos, and device settings. Unless you remove the SD card before you reset your device, user data on the card will in most cases be deleted.
- Reset your device with the Software repair feature in the Xperia Companion computer application.
- Requirements: This method requires that you have access to a computer with an active internet connection. You need a USB cable to connect your device to the computer, and your device must have a minimum charge level of 80%.
- Results: All user data on the internal memory of your device will be deleted, including downloaded apps, photos, and device settings. Content on the SD card will not be deleted.