Unable to update the Walkman player software.
The following conditions can prevent the Walkman from being able to complete a software update:
- An error message suggesting that there is not enough free space is displayed
- The Wi-Fi connection status is unstable
- The battery level of the player is less than 60%
- The player does not proceed from the system update screen
An error message suggesting that there is not enough free space is displayed:
The update requires at least 2GB of free space on the player internal shared storage. If the free space of the internal shared storage is less than 2GB, an error message suggesting that there is not enough free space is displayed.
Example of the error message
NOTE: The image below is an example of the error message screen when updating the Walkman via Wi-Fi.
If the error message appears, try the following:
- Check the free space on the player:
Swipe the Home screen upwards.
Select (Settings), and then the free space is displayed in Storage.
Transfer data to a computer or microSD card, and make the free space on the internal shared storage 2GB or more. For details, refer to the Importing songs from an audio device such as the WALKMAN (English only).
The Wi-Fi connection status is unstable:
Update in a location with a good Wi-Fi connection.
The battery level of the player is less than 60%:
Update the Walkman while it is charging and has at least 60% battery charge. If the battery is too low, the power could be turned off during the update and, as a result, the player may not restart.
The player does not proceed from the system update screen:
If the system update is set to Do not allow in the settings, it cannot be updated. Try the following workaround:
- Select (Settings) — Apps & notifications — See all xx apps to show all installed apps.
- From the menu at the top right of the screen, select Show system — System Update — Permissions.
- Turn the Storage item to on.