IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
TV models with the center speaker mode capability will have a CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal on the back. If you have a Home Theater (with AV receiver), you can use the TV speakers as a center speaker by connecting the AV receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal of the TV.
Speaker cable connection
Use a speaker cable to connect the AV receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal of the TV.
- AV receiver
- Speaker cable
- CENTER OUT terminal for speakers
- CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal - The type of CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal varies depending on the model
- HDMI cable or Optical digital audio cable - The TV and AV receiver must be connected by either an HDMI cable (ARC connection) or Optical digital audio cable. For additional details, refer to the BRAVIA Connectivity Guide
- Connect the speaker cable properly so that the polarities (+/-) between the TV and AV receiver match.
- To output audio from the Home Theatre, press the HOME button, then select Settings — Display & Sound — Audio output — Speakers — Audio system.
- If the TV center speaker mode in Audio out is set to OFF, turn it ON.
- If you can’t output any audio from the speakers, you need to check the AV receiver’s setting or audio signal. Please refer to the instruction manual for AV receiver.
When you perform a calibration, use the automatic calibration function of your audio system. The measured distance may be several meters farther than the actual distance. If your audio system does not have automatic calibration, set the center speaker level of your audio system manually as you feel appropriate.