The TV cannot be turned on using Amazon Alexa-enabled devices.
IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, countries/regions, and/or operating systems. For the applicable products, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries/regions and operating systems, please refer to the article below.
Countries and regions where Sony's TV supports Amazon Alexa devices
If the TV cannot be turned on using an Amazon Alexa-enabled device, follow these steps:
- Set Remote start in the TV to ON.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- Select Network or Network & Internet.
- Select Remote start, then select ON.
- Make sure you are using the same account on the Amazon Alexa-enabled device and the TV.
NOTE: Use a Sony account or Google account depending on the model.
- Make sure the Date & time are set automatically. For details, refer to the How to adjust the date and time article.
- If the issue is still unresolved, try the following:
- Use a remote control to turn on the TV.
- Restart the TV.
- If a device other than the TV and Amazon Alexa compatible speaker is connected to the same router, disconnect that device to reduce the number of connected devices.
- If you are using the router’s firewall, check that ports 5228, 5229, and 5230 are open.
Depending on the router specifications (including the limit for the number of connected devices) or settings, turning on the TV using an Amazon Alexa-enabled device may not be supported. For details, please refer to the manual or support site of the router.
*Amazon and Alexa are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.