What to do if the battery cannot be fully charged and the Run-time becomes shorter?
Battery cannot be fully charged and its Run-time becomes shorter.
Please refer to the steps below to start Battery Care Function.
The steps may vary for different models.
Refer to the Battery Care Function, charge mode and other related information listed below.
■ Battery maintenance function
Charge 80% power source.
■ Super battery maintenance function
Charge 50% power source.
■ Battery maintenance function for any battery
Charge different power source according to different models of batteries.
■ VGN-G1 series and VGN-TZ series
1. Click Start and click All Programs -> VAIO Control Center -> List tab. Then click VAIO Status Monitor option.
2. When the VAIO Status Monitor dialog box appears, check that Battery Care Function is disabled.
■ VGN-CR series, VGN-G2, VGN-SZ*4 series
1. Click Start and click All Programs -> VAIO Control Center.
Note: When the User Account Control dialog box appears, click OK or Allow.
Standard users can refer to the solution below.
VAIO FAQ - Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC)
If the User Account Control dialog box does not appear, please proceed to the next step.
3. Click [+] in Power Management, click Battery Care Function and then click Open.
4. Check that Enable Battery Care Function is not selected, and click OK.