Smartphone Plug and Play is a feature that allows you to operate the TV’s remote control to watch content (Photos, Music, Videos) in an Android smartphone by connecting the Android smartphone and TV with a Micro USB cable.
[A] Android smartphone
[B] TV’s remote control
- BRAVIA TV:
- X70xxE Series
- W77xE Series, W75xE SeriesW62xE Series, W67xE Series, W61xE Series, W66xE Series
- R4xxE Series, R3xxE Series
- Smartphone: Android 4.1 or later
NOTE: Other smartphone OSes, including iOS and Windows, are not supported. This feature may not be supported depending on the Android smartphone model.
Supported file formats:
For details about file formats, refer to the manual of your TV.
- Prepare the Android smartphone and Micro USB cable.
- Connect the TV and smartphone with the Micro USB cable.
- Set the USB setting of the smartphone to File Transfers or MTP mode.
Example of the screen:
- Open the TV’s Media Player app.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Media.
- Select Photo, Music or Video.
- When you select Photo, Music or Video two folders are displayed as shown in the following figure.
Content in each folder from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
All photo/music/video content from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
NOTE: If there is a Picture folder in both the internal memory and external memory of the smartphone, both Picture folders will appear separately.
- Select content with the TV’s remote control. The color keys can be used to toggle between Photo, Music and Video.