Dear Valued Sony Customer,
Sony has recently discovered that limited number of VAIO "TZ series" notebook computers sold between May 2007 and Aug 2008 may, in rare cases, generate heat around the DC jack inlet and frame of LCD screen, which creates the potential of deformation of the plastic casing.
As part of our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction and safety, Sony is offering a free inspection and repair service to owners of applicable models. For customers with the applicable models, we request you to please contact your nearest Sony Contact Center. The Sony Contact Centers’ telephone numbers can be found in the Service Centres ' page.
[Inspection and repair Procedure]
1. Please confirm whether your VGN-TZ VAIO computer is applicable for the inspection and repair.
2. If it is, please contact your local Sony Contact Center and provide the following information :
• VAIO main unit model name and serial number
• Contact details (phone number, e-mail address)
3. The Sony Contact Center will give further details of inspection and repair procedure.
[Applicable VGN-TZ Models]
* To determine whether your VGN-TZ VAIO computer falls into the affected range, please contact us for further assistance.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue, and will maintain Sony’s ongoing commitment to improving the quality of our products in the future.
We thank you again for your continued use of Sony products.
Personal information, such as your name, mailing address and/or telephone number, provided to the Sony Contact Center shall be kept and used by Sony only for responding to your inquiries related to this announcement, the free repair service mentioned in this announcement and other related services. In certain cases, your personal information may be given to third-party companies to whom Sony has consigned certain elements of such service. In this event, Sony will ensure that such third-party companies abide by the same strict guidelines with regard to the use, storage and disposal of your personal information.
Please contact your local Sony Contact Center if you wish to inquire, modify, erase or suspense to use your personal information provided in connection with this announcement. Please be advised that in case of erasing or suspension of use of your personal information, Sony might not be able to provide appropriate services in accordance with the purpose of usage mentioned above.