Thank you for your continued interest in Sony Alpha.
We are offering a System Software update for your Alpha camera.
- Startup time is shortened.
- This update enables shooting movies in 60p/30p/24p* due to the XAVC S format that supports high bit rates.
*The measurement condition : SELP1650 attached for A6000
* For NTSC model: 60p/30p/24p
* For PAL model: 50p/25p(PAL mode)，60p/30p/24p(NTSC mode)
* When shooting a movie in the XAVC S format, ensure that an SDXC card of Class 10 or faster is used after formatting the card using the unit updated with the system software. If you format the memory card, all the data will be erased. Please ensure that the data on the card is backed up before formatting.
For instructions on how to download the firmware update: