The following functions are unavailable when the Shutter Type is set to Electronic Shut.
NOTE: Some functions are not available, depending on the model.
- Flash shooting
- Long Exposure NR
- Bulb shooting
- Continuous shooting with a shutter speed longer than 1/8 second
- High ISO sensitivity settings of above ISO 25600
- Shooting with remote release when FA-WRC1M Wireless Radio Commander is attached to the Multi Interface Shoe
- Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom, and Digital Zoom functions during Cont. Shooting
- Anti-flicker Shoot.
The maximum shutter speed for the electronic shutter is limited.
- The maximum shutter speed is 1/16000 second when the shooting mode is set to one other than S (Shutter Priority)/M (Manual Exposure), and during bracket shooting with a setting other than WB bracket or DRO Bracket.
- When the shooting mode is set to S (Shutter Priority)/M (Manual Exposure), the next available shutter speed after 1/16000 second is 1/32000 second.
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/16000 second can be registered to Recall Custom hold.
- A shutter speed of up to 1/16000 second can be registered as the shutter speed at which the ISO sensitivity starts changing (ISO AUTO Min. SS).
Shooting results when using the electronic shutter
- A belt-like contrast may be recorded in images shot under a momentary light (such as the firing of another camera’s flash) or a flickering light such as fluorescent lighting.
- When using the electronic shutter, the micro rolling shutter phenomenon (slight distortion or aliasing caused by high-speed readout) may occur under the following conditions.
- The subject is moving very quickly within the imaging area.
- A flash light from another photographer was recorded in the image.
- The illumination from a spotlight, etc. or light source is moving very quickly within the imaging area.