To format the memory card using the remote control:
- Press the MENU button of the remote control.
NOTE: The list of setting items will be displayed.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button of the remote control to select in the Connecting devices settings.
- Press the REC/ENTER button of the remote control.
NOTE: Select , then press the REC/ENTER button to cancel the formatting.
- MENU button
- UP button
- DOWN button
- REC/ENTER button
To format the memory card using a smartphone or tablet:
- Turn on the camera.
- Open the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) App, connect the camera to the smartphone or tablet via wi-fi.
- Select SETTINGS in the Imaging Edge Mobile app.
- Scroll down and select FORMAT.
- Save important images to devices such as a computer before formatting.
- Do not perform any of the following operations while formatting.
- Press a button.
- Eject the memory card.
- Connect or disconnect a cable.
- Insert or remove the battery pack.
- When the remote control is not connected to the camera through Wi-Fi, the camera settings cannot be changed.
- To return to the setting item selection screen from the setting value selection screen, select .
- To perform the setting item in the selection screen or the setting value, select OK.