IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
You will need to setup a device user name and password in order to use the IBM Video Streaming service. For additional details, refer to the following: https://www.sony.net/guide/nst/
IMPORTANT: Make sure the following have been configured before attempting to stream videos.
- The latest system software version has been installed on the camera.
- An IBM Video Streaming (Ustream) account has been created. You are required to register for a paid account to use IBM Video Streaming. You cannot use a Ustream account.
If you cannot stream videos on IBM Video Streaming (Ustream), check the following.
- Make sure the date and time of the camera are set correctly
- Make sure you have a stable wireless connection
- The access point should be correctly registered on the camcorder
- In the PlayMemories Home software, make sure the Streaming Services are correctly configured in the Network Setting Tool section
For Action Cam:
- In the Action Cam Movie Creator software, make sure Wi-Fi is correctly configured in the Network Setting Tool section
- In the Action Cam Movie Creator software, make sure the Streaming Services are correctly configured in the Network Setting Tool section
- If the wireless communication quality is poor, streaming may be interrupted. Start the streaming again where the wireless communication is good.
- For connection through mobile Wi-Fi or smartphone tethering:
- Check if you can stream videos by using the app for streaming videos on Ustream on the smartphone
- Close the distance between the mobile Wi-Fi router or smartphone and this unit. Streaming operation will be unstable if the distance is too great
- Check the network usage limitation with your service provider