How to install USB drivers for Windows XP
Follow this procedure to reinstall the USB drivers.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel .
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category , double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon , double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers listing.
- Under the Universal Serial Bus controllers listing, click to select the appropriate Host Controller listing.
- On the menu bar , click Action .
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall .
- In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
- The operating system will find the device and automatically reinstall the drivers.
- If prompted for the driver installation disk, in the Add New Hardware window, type C:\Windows\inf .
- It may be necessary to configure the operating system to show all files before trying to access the C:\Windows\inf file.