Depending on the camera and the focal length setting (wide or tele), the Infinity Mark () may be already displayed when the focus is set to a certain distance in the tele side. For this reason, it may be difficult to focus on a subject if its actual distance is farther than the focus point of the camera.
Follow the guidelines below to avoid recording out of focus images.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Use the MANUAL dial or the touch panel to manually adjust the focus.
NOTE: The Infinity Mark () is displayed when the focus distance is set to more than 1 kilometer.
Sometimes the position where the subject is in-focus shifts depending on the shooting conditions.
NOTE: Adjust the focus position and check whether the subject is in focus.
- If using a camera that has an Aperture (IRIS) setting, try selecting a narrow iris.
- The focus range narrows if the iris is open to a wide setting.
- You can increase the depth of field by using a stopped down aaperture (IRIS).
- Depending on your subject, consider using Landscape, Sunrise & Sunset, Night Scene or Fireworks from the Scene Selection menu with Focus set to Auto.