From a local user account, follow these steps to log in to a Microsoft® account:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click the Users tab.
- On the Users tab, click Switch to Microsoft Account.
NOTE: If prompted to confirm your current account, type the local account password and then click the Next button.
- In the Sign in with a Microsoft account screen, enter a valid email address and then click the Next button.
- In the Enter your Microsoft account password screen, enter the appropriate password, and then click the Next button.
- At the Add security info screen, enter a phone number and then click the Next button.
NOTE: This phone number will be used as verification when requesting a password recovery, should it be necessary.
- In the Sign in with a Microsoft account screen, click the Finish button.