Images that can be transferred from a Sony Wi-Fi enabled camera to a smartphone or tablet by Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) and the location where they are saved
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The Imaging Edge Mobile software (PlayMemories Mobile successor) can be used to transfer still images or movies.
Types of images or movies that can be transferred
- Still images: JPEG format
- Movies: MP4 format (except XAVC S)
- Still images taken in 3D will be transferred as JPEG (2D) files.
- Images can be transferred in the Original, 2M, or VGA sizes.
- AVCHD format movies cannot be transferred.
- Sound-only files recorded by HDR-MV1 (.WAV files) cannot be transferred.
- Movies recorded in PS mode, HS120 mode, or HS240 mode cannot be transferred to an iPhone or iPad.
- Due to the specifications, portrait-orientation movies with resolution of 1080 or greater (MP4 files) cannot be transferred to an iPhone 4, but can be transferred to an iPhone 4s (or later).
- Examples of movies that cannot be transferred
- With HDR-MV1: MP4 (1920x1080)
- With Action cam: HQ mode (1920x1080)
- With DSC-TX300V: MP4 12M (1440x1080)
The location where the images are saved:
- Android OS: Images are saved in the Imaging Edge Mobile folder in the internal memory of the mobile device, or on a microSD/SD card
NOTE: If you are still using Imaging Edge Mobile from PlayMemories Mobile, the folder name will be PlayMemories Mobile
- iOS: Images are saved in the Apple iPhone → Internal Storage → DCIM folder
NOTE: Not all cameras have Wi-Fi capability. For details, refer to the manual supplied with the camera.