This normally means there is dust on the image sensor of the camera. The image sensor should be cleaned.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Do not use a dry cloth or commercial cleaning solution to remove dust particles from the surface of the image sensor. Doing so may cause the coating on the image sensor to peel off. For cameras with mirrors, be careful not to touch the surface of the mirror. Touching the surface of the mirror may cause malfunction.
IMPORTANT: For model-specific steps on how to perform the steps below, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the camera.
Follow the steps below to clean the image sensor.
- If the camera is equipped with an automatic cleaning function, use the automatic cleaning function to remove dirt or dust from the image sensor.
- If dirt or dust is not removed by automatic cleaning function (on models equipped with the function), clean with a commercially available blower.
- There are many third-party kits available on the market that can be used to clean the image sensor. Check your local electronics or professional camera shop for availability. Sony, however, does not provide warranty for mishandling of the camera caused by commercial cleaning solutions, cleaning paper, or the like.
- Many camera shops also offer professional cleaning services for image sensors that may be able to be performed in a timely manner.
- Sony is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages due to mishandling by non-Sony service locations or otherwise.