- Check your Network Connection settings:
- Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Setup.
- Select View Network Status.
NOTES:Verify the following on the View Network Status screen:
- Physical Connection should be OK, this means a physical connection (Ethernet cable) is detected from the TV to the router or modem.
- Local Access should be OK indicating that the TV sees router.
- Internet Access should be OK indicating that the TV is connecting to the Bravia Internet Video (BIV) server.
- If the Physical Connection setting appears as Failed:
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the TV and to the router; if possible, try other LAN ports on the router.
- Make sure that the connection is active by disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the TV and attempting to access the Internet using a computer or similar device.
NOTE: If determined that router or the modem is not connected to the Internet: contact your Internet service rovider.
- Make sure an IP Address is shown.
NOTE: If the IP Address flashes or starts with 169, the TV has obtained an incorrect IP Address. In these cases, manually set an IP address on the TV.
- After following the steps above and confirming that the modem and router are connected to the Internet, try the following:
- Reset all of the network equipments, such as cable modem and router, by turning them off and unplugging them for 1 minute.
- Turn the TV off and unplug it from the wall for 1 minute.
- If the problem still exists, reset TV to factory settings.
NOTE: Complete initial setup which includes Network Setup after the reset.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.