Follow these troubleshooting steps if the Walkman player displays any of the following issues:
- Does not turn on when pressing the power button even when fully charged.
- Does not turn on even after turning off the hold function.
- Does not function normally.
1. Reset or restart your Walkman player.
- The procedure to reset or restart is different depending on the models. Check in advance to see if your model has a reset button.
- Stored data and settings will not be deleted when performing a reset or restart, but make sure to pause your music or video playback before beginning the reset or restart procedure.
For models with a RESET button:
Press the RESET button with a small pin or a similar object. After the reset is complete, check to see if the issue has been resolved.
The following is an example of the location of the RESET button.
- RESET button
For models without a RESET button:
Restart the Walkman by holding down the (power) button.
The following is an example of the steps for NW-A100 series. For details, refer to the manual of your product.
- Hold down the (power) button for 2 seconds while the screen is turned on.
- Tap Restart, then restart will start automatically.
- If the player freezes, hold down the (power) button for 10 seconds to force the player to restart.
2. Charge the Walkman player.
If the player doesn't turn on after the reset or restart, charge your Walkman using the supplied USB cable for at least 30 minutes and try the reset or restart procedure again.
If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need to be serviced.