The tray of the Blu-ray Disc player does not open or eject the inserted disc.
This issue may occur if the disc is damaged or if the disc was not inserted properly into the Blu-ray Disc player. Follow the steps below to open the disc tray and eject the disc.
- If the disc tray is locked, refer to the manual for the steps (Child Lock) to unlock the tray. Depending on the models, TLK ON or LOCKED appears on the front panel of the disc player.
- The disc tray will not respond during Internet streaming (e.g. NETFLIX) even after you press OPEN/CLOSE.
- For BDP-S300, or BDP-S500, please refer to the FAQ: The disc tray does not eject when the OPEN/CLOSE button is pressed.
- Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Disconnect the power cord (mains lead) or AC adapter.
- Allow the disc player to remain without power for 30 seconds.
- While pressing the OPEN/CLOSE button located on the front of the disc player, reconnect the power cord (mains lead).
- This step may require the assistance of a second person.
- This example uses an image of the BDP-S3700 model. The button placement for your particular model may differ slightly. Refer to the manual that came with your model for the exact button placement.
- (Open/Close) button
- After reconnecting the power cord (mains lead) or AC adapter, when the tray opens, release the OPEN/CLOSE button.
- Remove the disc.
- Once the disc is removed, disconnect and then reconnect the power cord (mains lead) or AC adapter to recover the player.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.