How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharing.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- NFC function on the mobile device should be enabled.
- Sleep and lock-screen functions of the mobile device should be disabled.
- Latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) application should be installed on your mobile device.
- For movies, you can only transfer MP4 movies recorded with File Format set to MP4.
- The (N mark) should be displayed on the camera screen.
Follow these steps to transfer images:
- Playback an image on the camera to be sent to the mobile device.
NOTE: It is also possible to send multiple images. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press MENU.
- Select (wireless).
- Select Send to Smartphone.
- Select This Image, All Images on This Date or Multiple Images.
- Wait for on-screen confirmation to connect, then connect the camera to the mobile device via NFC.
- Touch the mobile device to the camera for 1-2 seconds until Imaging Edge Mobile application launches.
NOTE: The position of the N mark on the camera differs depending on the model. Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the product.
Image transfer will then start.
- The size of the image sent to the mobile device can be changed. To do this, follow the steps below.
- On your mobile device, open Imaging Edge Mobile application.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Copy Image Size.
- Select Original, 2M or VGA.
- The transferred images will be stored in the Imaging Edge Mobile folder.
- Some images may not be displayed on the mobile device depending on the recording format.
- RAW images are converted to JPEG format when they are sent.
- If the (image index) is displayed on the camera, image transfer using the NFC function will not be possible.
- Airplane Mode should be turned off on the camera and mobile device.
- Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the product for types of files that are supported with the One-touch sharing feature.