IMPORTANT: This article provides the file formats supported by the application version that was pre-installed on the TV. For the file formats supported by the Media Player application downloaded from the app store, refer to the What file formats are supported by Media Player from the app store? article.
Please refer to the Supported files and formats in the Help Guide by following the steps below.
- Refer to your TV's Help Guide.
- To check the Help Guide on the web or access your Sony Support website product page, refer to the Let us help you find manuals, firmware updates, drivers, and more. article.
- To check the Help Guide on the TV, if your TV remote control has a Help button, press the Help button, then select Help Guide. If your TV remote control does not have a Help button, follow the steps below:
- On the remote control, press the (HOME) button and select Apps → See all → Help.
- Select Help Guide.
- Select Using the TV with Other Devices.
- Select USB devices.
- Select Supported files and formats.
- Select the category you want to check.
- The Media Player app doesn't support Dolby content.
- If content cannot be played back even though the file is listed in Supported files and formats, check whether the content is corrupt by testing playback on a computer, etc. You may also not be able to play it back on the TV depending on the file.
- Although you may be able to play back formats not listed in Supported files and formats, proper operation is not guaranteed.
- Contents with unsupported codecs cannot be played.
- W8L, X64L, X70L, X74L, X75L, X77L, W8K, X74K, X75K, W8, X7, and X74H, X75H series TVs do not support LPCM files (Music). For other models, LPCM files (Music) are only supported when using a home network.
- 4K content cannot be played back on 2K TV models.