Full Specifications and Features
Rs. 149,990(incl. of all taxes)
Full Specifications and Features
- Lens Mount
- Lens compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Sensor type
- 35 mm
- 35 mm full-frame (35.9 x 24 mm), Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx. 42.4 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Approx. 43.6 megapixels
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio
- Anti-Dust System
- Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format (Still images)
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2
- 35 mm full-frame L: 7952 x 5304 (42M), M: 5168 x 3448 (18M), S: 3984 x 2656 (11M), APS-C L: 5168 x 3448 (18M), M: 3984 x 2656 (11M), S: 2592 x 1728 (4.5M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9
- 35 mm full-frame L: 7952 x 4472 (36M), M: 5168 x 2912 (15M), S: 3984 x 2240 (8.9M), APS-C L: 5168 x 2912 (15M), M: 3984 x 2240 (8.9M), S: 2592 x 1456 (3.8M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama
- Wide: horizontal 12416 x 1856 (23M), vertical 5536 x 2160 (12M), Standard: horizontal 8192 x 1856 (15M), vertical 3872 x 2160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- RAW Output
- 14 bit
- Uncompressed RAW
- Picture Effect
- 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome,Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, WaterColor, Illustration
- Creative Style
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1-6 also provided)
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimiser (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Colour Space
- sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color
- Recording Format (Movie)
- XAVC S / AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Video Compression
- XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format
- XAVC S: LPCM, 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby® Digital (AC-3), 2ch, Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Image Size (Pixels), NTSC
- XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p/100 Mbps, 30p/60 Mbps, 24p/100 Mbps, 24p/60 Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/50 Mbps, 30p/50 Mbps, 24p/50 Mbps), 1280 x 720 (120p/50 Mbps), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28 Mbps/PS, 60i/24 Mbps/FX, 60i/17 Mbps/FH, 24p/24 Mbps/FX, 24p/17 Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28 Mbps, 30p/16 Mbps), 1280 x 720 (30p/6 Mbps)
- Image Size (pixels), PAL
- XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p/100Mbps, 25p/60Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/50Mbps, 25p/50Mbps), 1280 x 720 (100p/50Mbps), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps/PS, 50i/24Mbps/FX, 50i/17Mbps/FH, 25p/24Mbps/FX, 25p/17Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps, 25p/16Mbps), 1280 x 720 (25p/6Mbps)
- Picture Profile
- Yes (Off / PP1-PP7) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Movie Functions
- Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, AF Tracking Sensitivity, AF Drive Speed, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Picture Profile, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Rec Control, Dual Video Rec, Marker Setting, PAL/NTSC Selector
- Colour Space
- xvYCC standard (x.v.Color™ when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color
Clean HDMI Output
- Clean HDMI output
- NTSC: 3840 x 2160 (30p/24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60p/24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60i), YCbCr 4:2:2 8 bit/ RGB 8 bit, PAL: 3840 x 2160 (25p) / 1920 x 1080 (50p) / 1920 x 1080 (50i), YCbCr 4:2:2 8 bit/ RGB 8 bit
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick™ Micro (M2), SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card,
- Storage Media Slot
- Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo™/ SD Memory card
- Noise Reduction
- Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR
- Auto/ISO 100 to 102400
- White Balance Modes
- Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 57 steps, A7 to B7: 29 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- AWB Micro Adjustment
- G7 to M7 (57 steps), A7 to B7 (29 steps)
- 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Type
- Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensor
- Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
- Focus Point
- 35mm full frame: 399 points (phase-detection AF), APS-C: 357 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range
- EV -2 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- AF Mode
- Automatic AF (AF-A), Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area
- Wide (399 points for phase-detection AF / 25 points for contrast-detection AF) / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Zone / Expand Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot)
- Other Features
- Eye-start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.30-3 m), AF ON, Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock
- Metering Type
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor
- Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity
- EV -3 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode
- Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes
- AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie, Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Selection
- Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Exposure Compensation
- +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments
- AE Lock
- Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- Still images: ISO 100-25600 (expandable to ISO 50–102400 for shooting still images), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit) Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type
- XGA OLED, 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (colour)
- Number of Dots
- 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder)
- Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Colour Temperature Control
- Manual (5 steps)
- Field Coverage
- Approx. 0.78x (with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1)
- Dioptre Adjustment
- -4.0 to +3.0 m -1
- Eye Point
- Approx. 23 mm from the eyepiece lens, 18.5 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1 m-1 (CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Display
- Graphic Display, Display All Info., No Disp. Info., Histogram, Digital Level Gauge
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display
- Monitor Type
- 7.5 cm (3.0 type) TFT drive
- Total Number of Dots
- 1,228,800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD)
- Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle
- Up by approx. 107 degrees, down by approx. 41 degrees
- Display Selector (Finder/LCD)
- LCD Display
- Graphic Display, Display All Info., No Disp. Info., Histogram, Digital Level Gauge, Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD)
- Quick Navi
- Peaking MF
- Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Face Detection
- On / On (Regist. Faces) / Off, Face registration, Face selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Auto Object Framing
- Yes (Still images)
- Clear Image Zoom
- Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Smart zoom (Still Image)
- 35mm full frame: M: approx 1.5x, S: approx 2x, APS-C: M: approx 1.3x, S: approx 2x
- Digital zoom (Still Image)
- 35mm full frame: L: approx 4x, M: approx 6.2x, S: approx 8x, APS-C: L: approx 4x, M: approx 5.2x, S: approx 8x
- Digital zoom (Movie)
- 35mm full frame: Approx. 4x, APS-C: Approx. 4x
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™
- Lens Compensation
- Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Zoom Ring Rotate
- Image processor
- BIONZ X™
- Smile Shutter
- Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Shutter Type
- Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed
- Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb, Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode), PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed
- 1/250 sec.*2
- Electronic Front Shutter Curtain
- Yes (On/Off)
- Silent Shooting
- Yes (On/Off)
- Image Sensor-Shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (Compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Compensation Effect
- 4.5 steps (Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off)
- Flash Control
- Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation
- +/-3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps
- Flash Compensation
- 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Modes
- Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync*3, Wireless*3
- External Flash Compatibility
- Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- FE Level Lock
- Flash Type
- Drive Modes
- Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- 10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/10 sec. delay)
- Speed (approx. max.)
- Continuous shooting Hi: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting Lo: Max. 2.5fps*4
- No. of recordable frames (approx.)
- Continuous shooting Hi : 24 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 30 frames (JPEG Fine L), 37 frames (JPEG Standard L), 23 frames (RAW), 22 frames (RAW & JPEG), 9 frames (RAW (Uncompressed)), 9 frames (RAW (Uncompressed) & JPEG)*4
- Playback Modes
- Single (with or without shooting information, Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 24.9x, M: 16.2x, S: 9.4x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still / Date / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S HD / XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- PC Interface
- Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- Multi / Micro USB Terminal
- Wireless LAN (Built-In)
- Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band)*5, Playback of still images and movies on smartphones, PCs and TVs
- Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HD Output
- HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA™ Sync (link menu), PhotoTV HD, 4K still image playback
- Multi Interface Shoe
- Auto-lock Accessory Shoe compatible with supplied shoe adaptor, Microphone terminal (3.5 mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal (3.5 mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector
- Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K2M (sold separately)
- Built-in, monaural
- Compatible Standards
- Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Custom Function Type
- Custom key settings, Programmable setting
- Memory Function
- Yes (2 sets)
- Supplied Battery
- NP-FW50 W-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 290 shots (viewfinder) / Approx. 340 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)*9
- Battery Life (CIPA, Movies)
- Actual*10*11: Approx. 50 min. with viewfinder, Approx. 55 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard) Continuous*10*12: Approx. 95 min. with viewfinder, Approx. 95 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard)
- External Power
- AC-PW20 AC Adaptor (optional)
- Internal Battery Charge
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 126.9 x 95.7 x 60.3 mm
- Weight (with battery and memory card included)
- Approx. 625g (With battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo™) / Approx. 582g (Body only)
- 32-104°F / 0-40°C
- Wireless and network capabilities
- NFC One-touch functionality
- *1 Services vary by country. *2 With compatible Sony external flash, *3 With compatible external flash, *4 Approximate. May vary depending on shooting conditions and media. *5 Configuration method/Access method: WPS or manually/infrastructure mode. When connecting to smartphones, the camera can always work as a base without a wireless access point. (Security: WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK), *6 Sony accessories for the Accessory Shoe can be attached. *7 Supports Micro USB compatible device. *8 Starter Edition is not supported. *9 The LCD screen is turned on, shot once every 30 seconds, operate zoom alternately between W and T ends, flash strobe once every two times, turn power off and on once every ten times. *10 Continuous movie recording is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications).*11 Indicated recording time is defined by repeating the following cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom, stand-by and power off. *12 Indicated recording time is defined by repeating the following cycle: Pressing the MOVIE button. No other operations such as zoom are performed.
What's In The Box
- Power cord, Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50, Cable Protector, AC Adaptor AC-UD10, Battery Charger BC-VW1, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable
New back-illuminated full-frame CMOS sensor
The α7R II has the world’s first 35 mm full-frame CMOS image sensor with back-illuminated structure, which achieves approx. 42.4 effective megapixel resolution, widely expanded sensitivity range and extra-low noise performance. It also has no optical low-pass filter that can compromise sharpness, so fine clarity and detail extend from edge to edge of every frame.
High-speed BIONZ X™ image processing engine
With detail reproduction technology to capture the essence of realism, diffraction-reducing technology to maintain clarity even at smaller apertures, area-specific noise reduction to reduce noise adaptively and reproduce greater detail, the BIONZ X™ image processing engine finely tunes the image sensor's 42.4-megapixel data, for truer, clearer depiction.
All FE lenses maximise resolution
The growing group of FE lenses (35 mm full-frame compatible E-mount lenses) — all carefully developed to match full-frame image sensors employing increasing numbers of pixels — makes the most of the 42.4-megapixel high-resolution performance of the α7R II.
Fast Hybrid AF now covers more
The high-performance image sensor enhances Fast Hybrid AF, which far surpasses conventional AF in comprehensiveness, speed and response. The 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points cover 45% of the image area — the most coverage among digital still cameras with full-frame image sensors. 25-point contrast-detection AF coverage is also included.
5-axis image stabilisation
This stabilisation system is fine-tuned for high-resolution image sensors to compensate accurately for five types of camera shake that can compromise handheld shooting of the camera's 42.4-megapixel images. Camera shake compensation is equivalent to using a 4.5-step faster shutter speed, allowing you to take advantage of a wider range of shutter speeds.
Higher-resolution 4K movie recording
Footage from 4K movie recording featuring full pixel readout without pixel binning in the Super 35 mm format exhibits higher resolution and superior clarity than typical 4K movies. Also, the XAVC S format allows 4K recording at 100 Mbps maximum bit rate to capture fine details of movement in movies.
XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ makes every view a vision
With the world's highest magnification at 0.78x among digital still camera viewfinders, the XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ provides views of cutting-edge definition, contrast and depth throughout the entire display. Zeiss® T* Coating ensures absolutely minimal reflection on the viewfinder, so the α7R II’s extraordinary 42.4-megapixel performance is apparent at all times.
Tough magnesium alloy body
Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, the α7R II's compact body is built to withstand the rigours of shooting in the field, thanks to an internal structure and top, front and rear covers all made of strong, rigid magnesium alloy.
Durable reduced-vibration shutter
The new shutter's braking mechanism cuts mechanical front/rear curtain vibration by about 50% . Also, use the electronic front curtain for even less vibration. This not only minimises camera shake that can blur details in 42.4-megapixel images — it makes the shutter durable enough to have been tested to 500,000 cycles.
Silent Shooting features an electronic shutter that causes no vibration, so you can shoot high-resolution images without camera shake. This mode also operates without a sound, so it's very convenient for shooting without disrupting indoor performances and outdoor wildlife, and in all other situations where silence is essential.
Supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format
New compatibility with 14-bit uncompressed RAW format lets you choose the optimal format for your needs. The camera thereby ensures supreme quality of tonal gradation to maximise the benefit of the image sensor's wide dynamic range.
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing Imaging Edge Mobile app to your NFC-enabled Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
PlayMemories Camera Apps add personal touches
Sony's application download service lets you add new functions and capabilities to your camera. There are apps for photo and movie effects to enhance and express your creativity and others to allow your smartphone to function as a camera's remote control, for example. Note: Services availability depends on region.
Always keep the eye in focus
Highly accurate Eye AF (available with AF-C) provides consistently useful autofocusing on the eye of a subject, even if the subject is in motion. This reliable tool is extremely effective in ensuring more successful focused portraiture with fewer photo fails.
Expand Flexible Spot
If the selected AF point is not positioned on your subject, the α7R II automatically uses AF points surrounding the selected point to support precise focus.
Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses
5-axis image stabilisation lets you enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favourite mountable lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7R II extends compatibility with a range of lenses.
Stable viewfinder image
You can monitor the stabilising effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image and while shooting movies by entering movie mode. Even when using a telephoto or macro lens, you can fine-tune framing and focusing without stress for steady results.
Fine-tune the look of movies before shooting by adjusting gradation, colour adjustment and detail. Adjusted parameters can be saved with other settings as a profile and up to 7 profiles (PP1-PP7) can be stored for later recall.
S-Log2 Gamma setting
This proprietary Sony setting featured in professional camcorders creates a 1300% wider dynamic range for smooth gradation with reduced whiteout and blackout. Use colour grading in post-production to make the most of low-noise images and super-rich detail to express footage in various ways. ISO 800 or higher is available when S-Log2 Gamma is selected.
Clean HDMI output
This function supports 4K and Full HD and allows uncompressed movie output to an external recorder or monitor. The image can also be recorded in the camera even while signals are output using this function. The included cable protector guards jacks and prevents cables from disengaging accidentally, so you can shoot with greater assurance.
More precise white balance adjustment
The α7R II offers more white balance adjustment steps (twice as many on the amber-blue axis; four times as many on the green-magenta axis) than before, so you can finely tune white balance with more subtle precision for more natural colours.
This function that boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed, for example, can be assigned to a customisable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed
Prevent blur in a shot of a moving subject by setting a shutter speed at which ISO sensitivity starts changing when ISO AUTO (while in P or A mode, or in Multi Frame NR) is selected.
1200-zone Evaluative Metering
Ample data from 1200-zone metering and focal plane phase-detection AF points allows for more precise control of light volume from an external flash that complements ambient light. Choose Multi-segment, Center-weighted or Spot metering mode.
Priority setup in AF-C/AF-S
In AF-S (Single-shot AF) or AF-C (Continuous AF) mode, choose AF priority for taking pictures only when subject is in focus, Release priority for taking pictures even when subject is not in focus, or Balanced Emphasis for balancing the AF and Release options to achieve accurate focus, yet not miss a decisive moment when shooting moving subjects.
In this mode, press the shutter button halfway down and the camera automatically recognises whether the subject is moving or not, then switches AF mode accordingly between AF-S to lock on a subject in focus and AF-C to keep adjusting focus. This versatility is useful for shooting various subjects at the same time, or to avoid switching AF mode manually.
Creative Style settings bring out the character of your scene. Simply select any of 13 settings (Vivid, Portrait, etc.) and the camera will adjust image parameters. You can also fine-tune contrast, saturation and sharpness to suit your preference.
Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Auto HDR composites the best details from three exposures to expand the dynamic range of your images from darkest shadows to brightest highlights and capture all the tonal gradations seen by your naked eye.
D-range Optimiser (DRO)
In difficult lighting, DRO corrects your images to achieve smoother, more natural gradations with more detail in the highlights and shadows. You can use it during continuous shooting and when photographing moving subjects.
Multi Frame NR (Noise Reduction)
This mode composites four shots to significantly suppress noise and raise sensitivity, letting you clearly capture dark scenes without a tripod or flash. Camera shake blur is also lowered while contrast and detail are raised.
Focus Magnifier & Peaking function
You can clearly magnify the image to simplify manual fine-tuning of the focus whether shooting still images or movies. The Peaking function can also be activated to colourise the most sharply focused areas of your image for quick confirmation.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is free software for high-quality finishing of RAW data. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for compatible functions such as local adjustment and PC tethered shooting.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
Imaging Edge™ Remote, Viewer and Edit
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files and manage your productions more efficiently.