About this download
Device Driver for Windows® Operating System is now available for customers of XQD Memory Card. This XQD Device Driver is required to install on computer for use with an XQD Memory Card through XQD ExpressCard Adapter.
Benefit from previous version
- Support Thunderbolt Technology.
- Mac OS X v10.5
- Mac OS X v 10.6*
- Mac OS X v 10.7
- Mac OS X v 10.8
*Sony has found that a message will appear to say you need to restart your CoreDuo-based MacBook PRO when you update the OS to Mac OS X 10.6.8 (released on June 23, 2011) and insert an XQD Memory Card. We do not recommend that you update your OS to 10.6.8. If you have already updated your OS and could not switch back to the previous version (such as 10.6.7), please use your XQD Memory Card with an 'XQD Memory Card Reader MRW-E80,' which is sold separately.
- XQD Device Driver for Macintosh
- Mac OS
- OS X
Download update file
Save the file XQD_Drv_Installer_mac.zip to your desktop.
How to unzip the downloaded file:
When your computer is running Mac OS
- Double-click the saved file XQD_Drv_Installer_mac.zip.
- The XQD_Drv_Installer_mac folder is created on your desktop.
- The extracted XQD_Drv_Installer_mac folder is now on your computer's desktop.
- After unzip the downloaded file, XQD_Device_Driver_mac_v1.1.0.03141.dmg will be listed in the XQD_Drv_Installer_mac folder.
- Click the file and start the installation according to the message of the installer window.
- After installation is completed, click the Restart button if it’s required at the installer window
- Insert an XQD memory card into ExpressCard slot on computer. XQD memory card will be recognized as removable drive.