About this download
IMPORTANT: This software is only for use with the products identified and sold in Asia Pacific. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This software update (version PKG3.885.0137PAB) provides the following benefits and improvements:
- Support Hybrid Log-Gamma HDR for HDMI
- Improves general performance of the TV
This software update also includes previous update benefits and improvements:
- Upgrade to Android Marshmallow
- Enhancement of screen design and usability
- Expansion of the built-in memory. You can now move the downloaded games and apps to a USB memory device or HDD as an extended memory
- Displaying programs in each genre
- New design of Help menu
- Accessibility support on Netflix
- Reduce input lag for HDR game
- Improves general performance of the TV
- Support Netflix HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Change application name of TV SideView to Video & TV SideView
- USB Recording feature*
- Improves general performance of the TV (including TV’s remote control)
* Only applicable for Australia and New Zealand
Do I need to update?
Your system software may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Bravia TV model. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of system software you have. Please follow these instructions to check it.
- Power on the TV set and press the HOME button on the Remote Commander to display the Home Menu.
- Navigate to the Help from Settings category and press OK to select it.
- The version number is shown on the left portion of ? icon or top right corner of the screen.
What do you need?
- A computer with access to the internet
- A compatible TV
- A compatible USB storage device* (with at least 4GB available storage space)
How to update?
Follow the simple steps below to update your TV system software. Once you have updated, all your personal settings on the TV will remain the same.
How to make sure the update goes smoothly
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Don't turn the TV off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the system software update.
Download the update
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the internet and save it to a USB stick
- Read and accept the Terms & Conditions below and click download button.
- When prompted, save the file to your Desktop. When the update download is complete, check that the file size is 1,553,880,996 bytes. To do this, right click the file, select properties and check the size in the General tab.
- Open Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded sony_tvupdate_2015_3885_pab_auth.zip, and unzip it. A folder sony_tvupdate_2015_3885_pab_auth will be created in your local drive after unzipped. A file of sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx.pkg will be contained in this folder.
- Copy the .pkg file to the root of your USB device.
- TV OS
Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file, you can install it on your TV. Just follow the simple steps below.
The process can take up to 15 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on.
- Turn on the TV
- Insert your USB device containing the file sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx.pkg into the USB slot of the TV set.
- A series of different messages will appear on the TV set. Please follow the on screen instructions.
- Select Settings, and press Enter using the remote control
- Select Customer support and press Enter using the remote control
- A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions
- The update will start and a white Led light will start blinking on the front panel of the TV, and the Update icon will appear on the TV screen - Do not remove the USB or turn off the TV.
- After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update and a confirmation message is displayed on the TV set. - Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
- After the TV turn back on, remove your USB device from the USB slot.
Check the update was successful:
- Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu
- Navigate to HELP > Settings, and press Enter.
- On the TV screen, the system software version number should appear like this: SOFTWARE VERSION PKG3.885.0137PAB- if the version number is PKG3.885.0137PAB, you already have the most recent system software.
Possible Issues during the update
Need more information? See below about updating system software:
Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
Can I install an older version of System Software?
To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older system software is not possible.
During the update process the TV turns off
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new system software.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV system software using the internet.
One of these messages appears on the TV screen: "An error occurred during the software update", or "Software cannot be updated using this USB device"
- Make sure your USB device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set.
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
"No newer version of the TV software was found" is displayed on the TV front panel display
Your TV already has newest system software version installed, so you don't need to update it.
*USB device that work with Playback via USB feature will work for Software Update. We recommend to use the following Sony USB device: